The Buildings of Holden Street Theatres are steeped in history.
Hindmarsh is one of the oldest suburbs in South Australia and thanks to South Australian Library we can see into the past.
Summary [General description] All Saint's Church of England at Hindmarsh. This limestone and brick church was designed by Henry Stuckey in the Norman style and opened in 1850. (Bishop Augustus Short laid the foundation stone in 1849). A gallery was added in 1855 and the chancel and vestry were added in 1872. Another copy of this image can be found at B 17409.
Dates / Publication details: Approximately 1875
Creator: Sweet, Samuel White
Reproduction of an oil painting by James Shaw of All Saints Church of England Church at Hindmarsh. This is the rectory and All Saints Church, now known as The Arch and Nature Foundation SA.
NFSA is located next door at 32 Holden Street and we often use their boardroom for Fringe as a vane called 'The Manse'.